Expiration Graph/P&L After Adjustments in ToS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JasonT, Aug 11, 2018 at 4:36 AM.

1. JasonT

JasonT New Member

I read through the thread in the Beginner Traders forum called "Be Careful Evaluating P&L on ToS" which is discussing how to correct the graph in ToS following adjustments. I'm still not getting it to work correctly. Can anyone break it down further? To summarize quickly what I'm encountering is this: I had a simple RTT on with no added layers, I RH the upper and lower wings and added a BB as the market was moving away from the tent a good distance. Because ToS doesn't account for the old positions after adjustments it blew up the risk graph so it looks like I'm now up $16k rather than about $200 which the model suggested before the adjustments got filled. I went to the Monitor tab–Account Statement–Trade History, and right clicked on the executed trades, hit "Analyze Trade" to send them over to the Analyze tab and it didn't fix anything, it just appears to be modeling what would happen if I did those same trades again. I attached some screen shots. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance! Screen Shot Post RH & BB.PNG Monitor Tab - Account Statement - Trade History.PNG Trade History - Right Click - Analyze.PNG

2. status1

status1 Well-Known Member

When you add those trades back you have to turn off your existing position
    On the lower left there is a tab called show all
    Click on that and than click on hide positions That way you are only looking at the simulated trades

3. status1

status1 Well-Known Member

I don't see the main butterfly listed in the trade history listed I only see the upper butterfly and 2 spreads I guess that is your adjustment
    You have to include all the trades as simulated orders not just the adjustments

4. garyw

garyw Well-Known Member

Curious if status1's reply's resolved your issue?

Regards,
    Gary

JasonT likes this.
  5. JasonT

JasonT New Member

Ok awesome, that worked! Thank you for your help