Experience with Rock trade

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dan M, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Dan M

Dan M Member

I've been trading the M3 and BB and looking to move into the Rock trading system. I like the fact that it adjusts the entry based upon market conditions. Seems like a natural progression. Does anyone have experience with it in that regard? Also curious on view of how much of a disadvantage is there using TOS greeks for adjustments. Thanks.

2. ACS

ACS Well-Known Member

The trade was designed with the old Variable model of Optionvue which generates different Greeks from TOS, ONE and even the new OV model. If you want to follow the rules as set out in the course then using OV is mandatory unless you want back test it extensively which cannot even be done in TOS properly and will involve a lot of time and effort in ONE. It is quite a complicated trade which I think scares a lot of people off but the track record is certainly quite good.

3. Dan M

Dan M Member

Thanks Andrew. I have used M3 and BB with success in TOS using program rules although I never quite understood how much I may have been off. What trades do traders believe can be traded off of TOS greeks or is OV or ONE essential for our trading. RTT, Rhino? Thanks.

4. ACS

ACS Well-Known Member

The Rock trade relies on an entry test based on projections of the T+0 line and different software or models will change that. Chances are things will even out over a large series of trades but you cannot say that without testing. The M3 and BB are probably better suited to other software and the other trades you mentioned even more so.