Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evaluating/learning/using OptionVue

Discussion in 'OptionVue Forum' started by garyw, Apr 14, 2016.

1. garyw

garyw Well-Known Member

I have recently starting evaluating OptionVue (started early this week).
    Is there any tutorials, exercises, logs of issues and resolutions, classes on startup/newbie/leaning curve with this tool?
    My experience to date, is not good. As an exercise, I am attempting to merely plug in the trades from the Road Trip Trade "Messages" via "BackTrader", which is not going well. -- Not understanding how they architected OptionVue, is probably causing me to encounter repeat issues that are not intuitive.
    Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    Thnx

2. Paul Demers

Paul Demers Well-Known Member

3. tom

tom Administrator Staff Member

PK, Rtb and Boomer34 like this.
  4. garyw

garyw Well-Known Member

Thnks guys!
    Tom: You do very good presentations! <-- info, not found elsewhere.

5. RayM

RayM Well-Known Member

6. TedLem

TedLem New Member

Is OptionVue better or is ONE better?
    I have been using ONE.

7. garyw

garyw Well-Known Member

IMHO: ONE, as I recall, was fairly intuitive, whereas OV requires you to mine for information to figure out how to get what you want. I am still learning OV and am not yet comfortable with it.
    However, I think OV has more features/capabilities, that I hope to become familiar with in time. I think I will come to appreciate my migration to OV in time. There are many OV users here at Capital Discussions, which heavily biased my decision.
    There are more dials and knobs in OV which I prefer. (many ways to control what I am interested in AKA "ability to shoot myself in the foot")
    Shorter answer: It probably depends on your requirements. (ease of use VS capabilities)

8. Rtb

Rtb Well-Known Member

Tom your OptionVue Walkthrough video was a great help. Just started using OV this weekend. Your video filled in some missing information not included in the OV Tutorial videos.

9. tom

tom Administrator Staff Member

Thanks. I'm glad it helped :)