Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

European Trading Group

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tom, Oct 22, 2014.

1. tom

tom Administrator Staff Member

Early on at Sheridan Mentoring I ran the European Trading Group. I'm considering starting it up again. I've spoken to a handful of people that are interested. I'm looking to see how many people would attend the meetings.

I think the meetings met at 20:00 (8:00pm) Central European Time or 19:00 (7:00pm) GMT. That would be 14:00 (2:00pm ET).

Meetings could be any day for me except Friday (that's Friday evening here :) )

Reply in this thread if you're interested in joining the European Trading Group.

2. meyer99

meyer99 Well-Known Member

2 pm eastern is good for me.

3. Martin Janzen

Martin Janzen New Member

I've not really participated in a trading group before, but would be interested in giving it a try. This can be a very solitary game...
    The proposed time sounds good to me.

4. tom

What day do you prefer (or not prefer) from Monday through Thursday?

5. Gabor Maly

Gabor Maly Well-Known Member

I would love to attend..given I am having small kids 8pm will probably not work out but will do my best effort. Great idea Tom!

6. tom

What time would be better for you? I'd like to set the time so everyone can make it.

7. marat

marat Well-Known Member

Tom,

What do you mean by european trading room?

8. tom

The original group I ran was primarily people in Europe as the meetings were at 20:00 Central European Time. I suppose I could rename it to Trading Group 2 and have it meet at the time that's most convenient to everyone in the group...but it would have to end before 16:00 ET. The most likely start times would be between 11:00am ET and 13:00 ET.

9. RayM

RayM Well-Known Member

My schedule would prefer to avoid Monday's (as this is already a full day), but this is not a show stopper.

10. Martin Janzen

Martin Janzen New Member

I think Mondays or Tuesdays would be best for me; but should usually be able to make it on Wed. or Thurs. as well.

11. tom

OK.. Why don't we try Tuesday. Is 17:00 CET or 18:00 CET better for everyone? Normally that would be 11:00 or noon ET but we just switched our clocks in Europe so we're an hour closer to the U.S. until next weekend (Nov 2nd).

I vote for 17:00 CET but that might be inconvenient for people in the U.K. (Normally that would be 11:00am ET but will be noon ET this week only)

12. Martin Janzen

Martin Janzen New Member

Later is better for me, but I should be able to do 17:00 CET if that's better for everyone else.

13. tom

How about 18:00 CET on Tuesdays? That's normally noon ET but 1pm ET this week (until the U.S. set's the clocks back next weekend)

14. RayM

RayM Well-Known Member

Will there be a meeting Tuesday 10-28-2014 ?

15. tom

Hi Ray, No. I'm starting it next week. I had a bit too much to do today (plus I have to schedule this with my wife :) )
    I have it on the calendar already for next week at noon ET.

16. RayM

RayM Well-Known Member

Got it, thank you for the quick response.

17. Andrej

Andrej Member

Just wanna say thanks for sharing a lot of good info! I really enjoyed simplicity of Dan Harvey's trades.

18. tom

You're welcome Andrej. It was a really good meeting. Dan's trades are always worth looking at!