Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Early Feedback on OV 7.84?

Discussion in 'OptionVue Forum' started by AKJ, Jan 23, 2016.

1. AKJ

AKJ Well-Known Member

I have not upgraded yet, out of fear that there may be bugs. (I know, very selfish of me)

Someone in the Locke forums mentioned he was having issues. Any feedback from those who have upgraded?

2. Cale

Cale Member

I wouldn't upgrade yet Andrew. I did the update and noticed my T+0 and greeks seemed a bit off. I can't put my finger on what it is but I could tell a difference. I was trying to take advantage of the cheap ONE trial and compare the two but of course OV drops the ball.

3. TheSpeculator152

TheSpeculator152 Well-Known Member

4. AKJ

AKJ Well-Known Member

I wonder which if the changes is affecting what we do? The only one that I could see having a big affect is the minimum CEV change to 1.01; maybe it was intended to only affect commodities, but was inadvertently applied to all products?

5. Challenger

Challenger Member

I noticed huge improvement in the speed at which back trader loads data. I looked at my positions and both greeks and the risk graph look fine.

6. Peavey

Peavey Member

I have also noticed the speed improvements, which are nice. But I'm having weird problems with my T lines going down negatively on the downside to infinity. I have cleared all my files and started over, but still having problems SOME of the time. Ugh. I really don't want to change from OV to One, but I am about to lose patience here.

7. Jens

Jens Member

That is my experiance and response at the moment: Please do not update OV 7.84 on your regular system – what I did unfortunately.
    I figured out that it seems that there is a calculation error in the greeks when you test with trades and adjustments. It looks like that in the calculation routine a clear of variables is missing.

I attached a link to a file of a simple test procedure in which I created a new account and added a butterfly for a trade. Next step I added another fly with same size and later on with double size. Really horrible it was at the end when I swithed between existing, trade, and both positions and greeks went crazy.
    Greeks calculation error OV 7.84.mp4 (I hope the link works correct – after a new OV release I will remove the file)

Or did I do something wrong? Or is it really the software again and so: What is the quality improvement process before releasing about?
    I already informed OV about this behaviour.

8. uwe

uwe Well-Known Member

Jens, I watched your video. Looks like a bug. Thanks for the warning. (I read it first on the Optionen-Schreiben forum, so thanks for posting there.)

9. TheSpeculator152

TheSpeculator152 Well-Known Member

Uwe, what is the link to the forum you are referring to?

10. uwe

uwe Well-Known Member

11. jim graham

jim graham Member

The change to a positive CEV for commodities is definitely not being applied to all products. You can see this yourself in any Matrix by clicking the Model button, then the Volatility button, Horizontal skew tab where you can see the 1,5 and 10 day CEV numbers. I attached a screenshot of the RUT.

Attached Files:

12. jim graham

jim graham Member

We did not make any changes to the model in this latest release 7.84. However, I was able to reproduce this problem and it will be fixed in the next release. We tested it on the previous versions 7.83 and 7.82 and found it is not a new problem, it happens in those versions as well, so going back to a previous version will have no effect. The problem in the Matrix, when switching between viewing Existing Positions, Trades, or Both, the Greeks, as displayed in the Matrix do not immediately update. The short-term workaround is that you can simply make a change (any change) to any position in the Trade fields or Existing Position fields and the greeks will immediately snap to "€œtrue"€. So, for example, just click on one of your positions in the Matrix and press the left and then right bracket keys ("€œ["€œ and "€œ]"€) (or right and then left; it doesn'€™t matter).

13. RayM

RayM Well-Known Member

>> in the Matrix and press the left and then right bracket keys ("€œ["€œ and "€œ]"€) (or right and then left; it doesn'€™t matter).
    Jim (or anyone), where can I find a full list of keyboard short-cut hot-keys ?

uwe and Chuck like this.
  14. RayM

RayM Well-Known Member