Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Tdameritrade charge CBOE exchange fee?

Discussion in 'Online Brokers' started by G..., May 15, 2017.

1. G...

G... Member

Hi, Does Tdameritrade charge CBOE exchange fee? I used to trade SPX at tradeking and optionshouse, they both charge me HUGE SPX CBOE exchange fee ( RUT is cheaper). I just opened TDAmeritrade account, and I didn't see the exchange fee on their order preview page, will they charge it later like tradeking did?

2. garyw

garyw Well-Known Member

No! TDA does not add exchange fees.

3. G...

G... Member

Thanks, I'm so glad to hear that. So even with official commission rate, it's still cheaper than optionshouse.:D

4. Teddy

Teddy Well-Known Member

You can tell by going to the Monitor/Account Statement tab and under Cash & Sweep Vehicle to see what is charged. If it is added it is already bundled in the fee that is charged.

5. Kevin CK

Kevin CK Member

also E-Trade does not charge these fees and now that E-Trade owns optionshouse, you maybe be able to ask them to drop the fees. TOS/TD is better overall for analytics though so can't go wrong there.

6. G...

G... Member

optionshouse emailed that we will moved to the E-trade account in few month and keep the same low commission ( exchange fee??????o_O)
    Anyway, I'm moving to TD now. As a brand new TD customer, any chance to negotiate for a better rate? Their base charge of $6.95 is no fun to make a minor adjustment.

7. Todd B

Todd B New Member

Yes they will negotiate with you even with a new account. If you are a small lot trader like myself that ticket charge didn't make sense for me at this time. You can negotiate a zero ticket fee and a per option contract price. If your current broker is lower tell them what you pay there and they may match it.