Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

data source

Discussion in 'OptionVue Forum' started by will, Nov 3, 2015.

1. will

will Well-Known Member

Is the market data from options vue the same as market data from interactive brokers or tos? I've heard varied accounts. I'd like to trade the m3 and other locke systems. Thanks

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  2. vega4mike

vega4mike Well-Known Member

I believe they each have their own data sources

3. will

will Well-Known Member

That's kinda what I was reading. Is there a preference to use the data from the options vue source? I heard that's what locke uses.

4. vega4mike

vega4mike Well-Known Member

Datasource dosent really matter as the calculation are done optionvue. Modelling of the data is whats key. Using your brokers datasource with Optionvue is cheaper, using there's will cost you more. You do get the historical data as part of the package & 30 minute delayed data, so unless you have a real need for optionvue's datasource, why go with it. If you want to trade Lockes methods, datasource makes no difference only the modelling.

5. Gabor Maly

Gabor Maly Well-Known Member

On the top of Mike's point, John has just recently mentioned somewhere as an answer to the exact same question that the reason he uses OV's data source is that he hates putting up with a bad characteristic of TOS data which is OV will occasionally will freeze up as you try to enter data in the matrix. That's all.

6. GreenZone

GreenZone Well-Known Member

So we need to pay OV for datafeed services in order to not have to deal with the bugs their software has with the feeds which don't cost us anything extra.
    Nice.

7. will

will Well-Known Member

I'm just looking at it like a business expense. I just want to make sure I'm getting the right input. It's a few bucks more a month that could save me much more. It is a little ridiculous though that option vue has so many bugs for the price we are paying. Also now with the modeling issues...

8. Capt Hobbes

Capt Hobbes Well-Known Member

I wonder if it's just me, but after upgrading to 7.72 I stopped seeing this issue. It used to be happening all the time and drive me nuts. There's nothing about it in the release notes though.

9. Gabor Maly

Gabor Maly Well-Known Member

I still have it, but nowhere need as bad as it used to be.