Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Closed trades

Discussion in 'OptionVue Forum' started by Scott Slivnik, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Scott Slivnik

Scott Slivnik Well-Known Member

I am brand new to forums here and Option Vue. I imported a trade from TOS into Option Vue and noticed that the P&L and commission amount does not include closed trades. My original trade was 2 put diagonals and 2 iron butterflies in SPX. As an adjustment, I closed one of the iron butterflies. The loss I took on the butterfly is not included in the matrix P&L and commission amount. Is there a setting that will include the gain/loss and commission of closed trades or how does one handle this scenario?

Scott

2. Scott Slivnik

Scott Slivnik Well-Known Member

Nevermind. I finally figured it out. The forums are great. I have been wondering for quite some time why I almost always adjust too late on long vega strategies on the downside (drawdown greater than anticipated). The reason is TOS is not accurate. These forums sold me on Option Vue. I looked at a few calendar trades I did that I got burned on and in Option Vue and confirmed for myself that Option Vue is indeed much more accurate.

Scott

3. tom

tom Administrator Staff Member

Welcome Scott!

4. Avi

Avi Member

My experience with TOS is that when you have multiple legs and combined strategies, it just fails in the risk analysis and gives a false P & L for the account!