Calendar now has iCalendar files available

Discussion in 'Member's Web Site Changes' started by tom, Sep 30, 2016.

1. tom

tom Administrator Staff Member

Several people asked to have the ability to add calendar events to their Outlook, Google or Apple calendars. You can now download the ics file for any future calendar event on the calendar in the member's website. Click on the calendar icon on the right of an event to download the ics file. You can import this file to many calendars as it is a standard calendar file format.

2016-09-30_8-52-25.png

Roger likes this.
  2. Bryan Doyle

Bryan Doyle Well-Known Member

Thanks Tom.

If not too much work, can you add these to the classes events like the monthly RTT Q&A?

Also, the RTT images are still not showing up in email but all other CD emails show up. This is not urgent to me personally but just want to let you know there might be an issue.

3. tom

Hi Bryan,

I think it shouldn't be too hard to do. You should see them on the main calendar page but it should be simple enough to add it on the class pages too.

I'll investigate the RTT images issue. I'm getting mine so I know it's working. Our email gateway might have more information.

4. Bryan Doyle

Tom, thanks. I didn't see the RTT Q&A meetings until I realized I could look farther in the future.

5. tom

Hi Bryan,
    I just added the "Add to Calendar" icons on the class "Calendar" tab so you can add any future scheduled event more easily.

6. Bryan Doyle

Thanks Tom