Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Books

Discussion in 'Options' started by Gabor Maly, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Gabor Maly

Gabor Maly Well-Known Member

Hi Guys

I wonder if anyone has read "The playbook: An Inside Look at How to Think Like a Professional Trader" from Mike Bellaifore. If I were a daytrader and not an options trader I would not think for a second buying it as I have listened to a few of Mike's webinars in the past and he is awesome. However does this book have any relevance to us options traders? For those of you have read it did you find it useful?

Cheers

2. Rod M

Rod M Well-Known Member

Personally, I would read the reviews on Amazon before purchasing the book. They are NOT favorable. If you are wanting to learn technical analysis, there are better places to go. Also, option traders think differently than stock traders. Stock traders will probably have a portfolio of 10 or more stocks. Option traders will normally only have a few positions in one or two indexes.

3. Gabor Maly

I would say the amazon rating is not bad at all. I do not want to learn technical analysis if you download the sample of this book and read it you will see this about much more, more about strategic thinking and risk management in a professional environment and that's why I was tempted.

4. tom

tom Administrator Staff Member

The problem I have with SMB is they never release any trade history what their actual trade results are. Are they making money? If so, how much? I'm sure Mike and Steve used to make a lot, but how about in 2014?

5. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee Well-Known Member

Tom, agree. Nowadays, I will only trust and learn from people who show their live trades.

6. Gabor Maly

Yes I agree that showing live trades is important. With respect to books however I don't know how many trading books I have that I liked and have no clue how much the author is making. Example: Trading in the Zone (probably an all time favorite by many) by Mark Douglas. Not that I am reading many trading books these days.

Cheers

7. tom

tom Administrator Staff Member

I have way too many trading books. I should probably have a fire sale and get rid of 95% of them. They are great at gathering dust though!