Best Travel Laptop

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrian, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Adrian

Adrian New Member

Hi
    I am in desire need of travel laptop but problem is I did not have any idea about them. I didn’t know about their specification and didn’t even know from where I can buy it. Please do suggest me some good laptops that looks perfect and gives outstanding experience in my hands.one more thing, is there any laptop company that provides insurance with the laptop? I have to travel around the globe, so my laptop is the only thing I like the most after my wife.
    Best Travel laptop and Vlogging cameras
    Thanks

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  2. Trader G

Trader G Well-Known Member

if you are going to travel I recommend a surface pro from microsoft. They can run most of the trading software out there and are very portable. As for insurance, most places you buy them (amazon too) have an option to add on a 2-3 year insurance policy that covers most issues including if you do something. Most people will tell you insurance is a waste of money but I have had to use it a couple of times (14 year old with an iphone) and they covered what they said they would cover. FYI, you can admit you are just like the rest of us. You could go a day without seeing your wife, but not your laptop. ;)

3. Challenger

Challenger Member

Adrian, I recently opted for a Lenovo Thinkpad T560 with an i7 processor and a solid state drive. I am extremely pleased with that laptop. One of the options I got was an extended battery which gives me well over 20 hours of battery life. You could also get an additional battery and the way this laptop is designed, you can hot swap batteries without shutting down as there is an internal battery that will keep the laptop running. Lenovo offers extended warranty as well.

4. ofthomas

ofthomas New Member

I second @Challenger 's suggestion... Thinkpad's are excellent value and they last a very long time. I would suggest you look at the T460/470 for travel, the s class is even smaller (T470s) and you can find them for around $600 on the outlet.lenovo.com site... you get a year warranty, and you can extend it to 3-4 years for around $150 I believe. btw, stay away from 3K/4K screens for laptops.. I made the mistake of getting one with my T460p and I hate it... realistically, 1920x1080 is the highest one ever needs on a laptop, different story on a 4K 55" screen (you want 4K then..)...

just make sure you get SSD's and at least 16GB of RAM (you can get the base 8GB and just upgrade to 32GB yourself as it is a simple process)... and I would suggest to carry around with you a USB SSD drive for backups, and to encrypt both (since you will be traveling world wide and will run the risk of having things possibly stolen).