Anyone trade in an HSA?

Discussion in 'Online Brokers' started by Kevin CK, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Kevin CK

Kevin CK Active Member

I was curious if anyone here has experience with HSA accounts and know whether it's possible to trade options strategies in these types of accounts. I've read that a few HSA administrators allow you to use TD Ameritrade to invest your funds, would be interesting if one could trade it like an IRA.

Thanks in advance!

2. Luke

Luke Well-Known Member

I currently use HSA Bank, but they only allow covered calls. I will likely change over to IRA Resources, since they allow pretty much whatever you can come up with and that is where I do private lending from my IRA.

3. Kevin CK

Kevin CK Active Member

Thanks Luke! Do you leave your funds with HSA Bank? Or have you tried moving them to TD Ameritrade, I recall them having that option from what I've read. I haven't heard of IRA Resources before, worth investigating.

4. Luke

Luke Well-Known Member

Sorry for the late reply - yes, I have them with TDA, but I can only do covered calls. I believe there is more flexibility with Ann IRA Resources custodian account, but I haven't followed up with it. I will email and ask if it's not on their website. So far, IRA Resources has been easy to work with.

5. Kevin CK

Kevin CK Active Member

Gotcha. Thanks for sharing the info. If you find out more about IRA Resources, would love to know what options they allow in these types of accounts.