1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternative to TOS

Discussion in 'Online Brokers' started by Rtb, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Rtb

Rtb Well-Known Member

I would like to open a Trading Account with TOS because the software looks really good to do your Option Analysis on, but can't. Is there any other brokers with a decent alternative. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  2. JohnR

JohnR Guest

I think TastyWorks (TW) is probably the runner up? Can you download the TOS platform, at least or can't have an account, period? Using the charting system up on TOS with TW to conduct trades seems a good combination. Did a bunch of reading on every site I could come by. I'm really intrigued by what I read here http://reviewtastyworks.com/tastyworks/simpler-options-tastyworks-trading-options/ which was saying about Simpler Options writing indicators for TW. If true, it'd mean some of the more sophisciated indicators will be on TW which might make TO obsolete anyway (unless you negotiate on commission fees of course).

I like TW so far. It's by no means perfect. But for a new platform and broker, I'm excited to see what they come up with for traders. The implied volatility charting, risk curve analysis, and option volume statistics are very useful.
  3. Rtb

Rtb Well-Known Member

John Thanks for the info. I will check out TastyWorks.
  4. Oliver

Oliver Member

Another option is to do your analysis with OptionVue. I don't use it (yet) but it's pretty popular here. It can take data from Interactive Brokers and they have a broad international presence and very reasonable commissions.
  5. Rtb

Rtb Well-Known Member

I have already got OptionVue but TOS has some tools that OptionVue hasnt got. Someone recently recommended Live Vol to me. I am also going to check this out when I have time.