Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Algae lighting up the coast in Belgium

Discussion in 'Water Cooler' started by tom, Jul 22, 2016.

1. tom

tom Administrator Staff Member

My wife sent this to me. Really cool video. Enjoy.

2. Dot

Dot Well-Known Member

Beautiful, Tom - thanks for sharing!

3. Trader G

Trader G Well-Known Member

That sure is a lot prettier than the e-coli bacteria we had washing up on the gulf coast a couple of weeks ago.

4. Edward

Edward Well-Known Member

Interesting. Usually you only see bioluminescence with deep sea creatures. This is the first time I saw bioluminescence up to the shoreline! Can you give the Youtube link to the video?;)

5. Edward

Edward Well-Known Member

Nevermind I found the Youtube video.
    Here are some more impressive videos!

6. tom

Thanks for that Edward. Nature is pretty awesome!

7. Edward

Edward Well-Known Member

It is also your favorite Color Tom. I guess you next trip is to the Belgium coast or California.

8. tom

It is my favorite color :)

The next trip to Belgium we'll be headed back to West Vleteren to buy more West Vleterern 12 beer. It was named the best beer in the world a few years ago. Very difficult to get. You can only buy two cases every two months and you have to get it by making an appointment but the phone lines are REALLY busy and they only take the phone calls for a few hours on specific days.

http://sintsixtus.be/trial/bierverkoop/

9. Edward

Edward Well-Known Member

Maybe free 12oz samples for RT trade annual subscribers??? :)

10. tom

They are pretty hard to get. The six packs sell at the abbey for 22 euros and you can only get one. They do allow you to get two if you also buy four glasses so 12-bottles would cost nearly 50 Euros that way, or just over 4 Euros/bottle IF you can get them. Often, the store is closed.

I've heard of six packs selling for $75 to $100. Here's a place selling a six pack for $89 ( http://www.trappist-westvleteren.com/ )
    NOTE: The abbey says you aren't supposed to resell the beer but obviously people don't honor that.

11. Edward

Edward Well-Known Member

According to the reviewer on Youtube he couldn't taste the alcohol?? -- A beer your kids could drink??? That would be a unique beer to try! Well, hopefully if us RT traders can make enouth money a European vacation is in order;).

12. Edward

Edward Well-Known Member

Nice to know you can buy the beer online. You can also bring the Glow in the Dark Ocean back home by buying it online. Watch this Funny video!!

13. tom

I'm not a beer drinker but I did taste the West Vleteren 12 and it's a beer I think I could like. It tasted like beer, but it's very unique. It has a lot of interesting flavors and a nice texture. If you like beer, tasting that beer needs to be on your bucket list :)